Free Australia-wide Shipping On Orders Over $250
Awarded 92 points

2017 Nebbiolo d’Alba Parigi

Alba DOC, Piedmont
$50.00 / Bottle $150.00 / 3-pack $270.00 / 6-pack
Add to Cart

Uncompromising quality, full flavour with soft and elegant tannins.

100% Nebbiolo

drinking great now or cellar 2030+ | 14.5% alc

standard case 6-pack

Flat rate shipping
10% off 12+ bottles*
Euro transport temp controlled
Metro delivery 3-10 days*

Why we love this wine

  • Grapes & Terroir

    The Sebaste family estate Nebbiolo vineyards are located in Alba and Diano d’Alba villages in calcareous limestone soil.
  • Winemaking

    8-10 days in steel tanks with carefully controlled temperature. After malolactic fermentation, the wine is aged for 12-14 months in 400 litre tonneaux. 60% of the barrels are made with American oak, the remaining 40% with French oak. Bottling takes place after the necessary fining in a barrel at least 3 months before release.
  • Tasting

    Ruby red with orange reflections, delicate with suggestions of fruit, liquorice and violet, becomes finer with ageing. Full and harmonious with soft and elegant tannins.
  • Makers Match

    Slow-cooked beef short ribs (Asian style). A must-try Asian version by Gavin Roberston @instagram.com/another_food_blogger/. Recommended with some simple steamed rice and maybe a refreshing smashed cucumber salad. The braising liquid works perfectly as a sauce, and the rice will soak it all up, but the freshness of the cucumber balances the flavours out greatly. Gavin's enticing pairing notes 'The wine, whilst a baby for Nebbiolo, is drinking great today but, like all good Nebbiolo's, has the strength to go for another 5 years easily. I decanted my last bottle for an hour which helped it to open up. I was hit with slight licorice notes, dried fruits, tar and some delicate sweeter fruit notes coming through too. It has good levels of acidity, and the tannins would be described as "classy" or "elegant". It has all the hallmarks of great wine without the price tag you expect to see from, say a Barolo.'
  • Awards

    Awarded 92 points
    James Suckling
  • minimal-intervention

Mauro Sebaste

Alba DOC, Piedmont
Mauro Sebaste
Winery Profile